RSS
Matthew and Sarah. Turning 22, getting married, crossing separate sides of the Atlantic to finally make a home in the same country. This is the story of our journey.
Well this is my first post on here and first things first im super excited and looking forward to just getting this year finished. After this no more university. There comes a time when you realise you have studied enough and just want to get on with everything else - Im pretty sure the prospect of getting married is a factor in why I feel this way!

Yesterday I had some of my family ask me a million questions about the marriage. It made me realise how much their seems to be to plan. I think I've decided im only going to invite my close family and a few friends as were also going to have a celebration back in England after the marriage anyway! I feel that way theres no pressure for people to come, especially if were not even going to be spending lots on the wedding - seems unfair to get everyone to fly half way around the world for a cheap wedding. Thinking about all this though I realised one super important thing- im doing this for me and its the one time I can be selfish so im not going to worry too much about offending people - this is mine and Sarahs day and we shouldnt have to worry about stuff like that! I hate mind games and confusion with people and wondering who I could offend etc- this is our day and thats all I care about.

The main other issue that came up was when it was going to so they could all book time off work- however I've told them a number of times now- I cant tell them that until I get a job so they'lll have to wait. . .

So my conclusion for my first blog is.... I am super excited for the process I have begun to undertake with my gorgeous Sarah but I realise theirs alot of factors and issues to think about, from planning the marriage to having money to do it and then to getting Sarah over here! Its going to be a hectic year.... One things for sure though- were going to be married and spend our lives together - knowing this is enough to get me through anything that might come up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment